- How will this person spend their time? List the specific activities performed by people in this position and the
approximate percentage of their time they should spend in each area.
- What specific results are expected? What key indicators show how well this person is performing?
How will this person be judged when his or her performance is evaluated?
- What are the toughest parts of this position? What is this person's most important or most difficult responsibility?
What is the most common reason for failure in this position?
- What traits are shared by people who succeed in this position? What kind of abilities are required, and what kind of personality traits do you see in your best performers?
- This person's primary contacts inside and outside of the company
Number of people managed, if any, and their titles.
Rate the following list of activities in terms of how important they are
for successful performance in this position.
Be realistic in what you ask for, and do not to check vital for
success more than 10 times.
- Describe the culture of the company and the characteristics of the team. Are things fast-paced and rapidly changing?
Stable and family-oriented? Highly structured or flexible? Lots of veterans or many new faces?